Thursday, April 29, 2010

Attaining Awesome

Anyone can be awesome, you have to define what awesome is for yourself.

If, when the sun finally sets on my father's farming career, he can look back on it all with satisfaction. If he can say he accomplished what he intended to and is happy with the direction the farm is (hopefully) headed with the next generation; if my presence there in any way contributes to his overall satisfaction in what he has achieved, I will be 1/3 awesome.

If my children grow up to be confident, capable human beings who learn to attain awesome regardless of the challenge. If they work to achieve it in spite of their own failings, if they learn how to achieve it BECAUSE of their own failings; I will be 2/3 awesome.

If, somehow, in the midst of all this, I manage to find a true direction, some talent that is purely mine, and become a success (the measure of that will be determined later) in my own right; I will be totally awesome!

How will you attain awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment