Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June is Dairy Month!

A friend reminded me today that June is Dairy Month! So it is time to celebrate cows, dairy farmers and all the delicious treats that wonderful collaboration makes possible for us. As a former dairy princess (yes, there is such a thing and yes, I was one!) I want to share some favorite recipes that put dairy products in the spotlight.

This one is a great, cool drink for hot summer months - Milk Punch! There are a few different flavors, but this one is our family favorite... so much so, my grandmother used to serve it at the family Christmas gatherings! Enjoy!

Milk Punch
(tastes like a creamsicle!)

1 quart milk
1 quart ginger ale (Sprite, 7-Up, whatever’s handy!)
1 quart orange sherbet

Put softened sherbet in a large bowl. Add milk, then slowly add ginger ale!

This one I just found in my old dairy princess stuff.
Never tried it; but I think I might tonight!

Pina Colada

1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Ginger Ale
½ Cup Crushed Pineapple
½ tsp. Coconut Flavor (how about Coconut Rum?)
5 Ice Cubes
Combine Ingredients in Blender until frothy, about one minute. Serves 3.

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend more like 1/2 liter of coconut rum...

    ReplyDelete